Skip to main content
“Hobbies of any kind are boring, except to people who have the same hobby.”
Dave Barry

I pride myself on not letting what’s going on in the world get me down. Christ, do you ever watch the 10:00 news? Is there a more depressing 30 minutes of TV? So I avoid it. I also read comic books. I hang out on IRC and act like a moron with my friends (HaCsA Roolez!). I subscribe to MAD magazine. I have every Three Stooges short in mpeg format (Thanks Snard!). I spend 8+ hours watching football on Sunday during the NFL season. I do these things because if you stop and think what’s going on out there, it’ll scare ya to death. Is avoiding things the best way to deal with life? Nope. But as Popeye says, I Yam What I Yam. So while people are fretting where the next attack is coming from, just remember I’m driving somewhere around Dallas looking for a place that sells Sea Monkey food. Im all out.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you. I no longer feel that my hobby of collecting Barbie doll legs and dipping them in melted chocolate or various marmelades then licking them off while standing in my living room wearing nothing but socks and vaseline to be an unusual or pointless behavior. I am so glad I happened upon your blog entry.

But c'mon, comics books? That's pathetic.
Anonymous said…
I avoid the news too. Its so depressing.

The debates last night sent me into a panick attack.

Eeekers.

luv ya.

Popular posts from this blog

"..for it takes irony to appreciate the joke which is on oneself." Jessamyn West I have raised a retard. I swear to God, the things he says and thought processes that flow through his brain never cease to amaze me. Early on in this Blog, I promoted the idea of trying to give your kids more than you had. Don't force them to work during their early high school years and instead let them enjoy their summers unencumbered. As that dickhead Dr. Phil says, " how'd that work out for ya?" I have ended up with an unappreciative individual that is not even remotely ready for the real world. What a slap in the face that will be, standing on his own two feet. I know, I know, I reap what I sow, but that what blog is for isn't it, anonymous venting?? His outrageously expensive school, has a relatively relaxed cel phone policy. You can have you phone, and actually use it in between classes. Just don't use it during class. Kinna obvious don't you think? He come...
Urine Trouble I am consistently floored by the amount of people that exit the public restroom without washing their hands. Now, I can understand if your just lazy, but even though, if you see someone else in there with you, at least fake it. We are compiling a "PeePee Hand" list here at work. I might just sneak it up on the Intranet too. So come on people, start washing up, you may get called worse than PeePee Hands.
"You Have 6,184 Unread Messages" (local spam magnet)   Got a call yesterday from an employee that stated he never checks his email and wanted me to look at something for him.  I wander back to his workstation and he points to his inbox in Outlook.  6,184.  That’s how many unread email messages he had.  I asked him if he uses his email address to sign up for things and he swears he doesn’t.  Yeah, right.  After deleting all his messages I notice that during the deletion time, he had already received five new junk emails.  I had investigated some enterprise spam programs for Exchange, but never followed through.  A former co- worker pointed me to ORF ( Open Filter Relay from vamsoft ).  They have a 30 day trial version with full functionality.  So I installed and configured it. It took less than 10 minutes, and I was dropping junk email off the server like a bad habit.  The program has a real time statistics counter.  F...