Skip to main content
"If size did matter, Dinosaurs would still be around."
Wendelin Wiedeking

Monday night, that means Monster House. This weeks installment (a repeat that I had not previously seen) is called Jurassic House. I know I always wanted a T-Rex skeleton in my living room. This was nicely done, the theme was carried throughout the house, unlike shows of late where there are just individual projects that don't mesh together under one motif.

"Hey Man, Why is My Computer Running So Slow?"
Computer Idiot

That phrase make my skin craw. I know a lot about computers. I can build one and I can fix one I can network one, and I deal with them for a living. I though that this would be a good thing, ya know, maybe a little bit handy you'd think. The sole problem with knowing this, is the fact that someone eventually finds out. I don't mind helping people, I really don't. But for the love of all that is holy and pure, could someone PLEASE tell me why people will plug a computer in, and not bother to do a little research on their own to inform themselves of basic "good computing" practices? Nope, no time for that. Just plug it in, run it and when things go bad, just throw up your hands and call me and ask the dreaded question. People don't apply this logic to other things in life. Most people that have a car know you have to change your oil every 3,000 miles right? You don't just drive your car and when the engine seizes up call the mechanic and say "Hey man, why's my car running so slow"? Then why is this an accepted practice today? People, the computer is a household item now. It's like a telephone, or any other utility. You are going to depend on it at least once a day. So how 'bout learning a few simple things to protect it then Sparky, we'll both feel better in the end.

Angel of Darkness

I re-installed the latest chapter of the Tomb Raider series. I think Im one of the only people who actually liked it. See if I can actually finish it this time or get 10 levels in and lose interest...

Comments

Mmmbacon said…
Ahhh, my good buddy Nom, it feels like home now... :-)

Popular posts from this blog

You are connected to Castle Rock BBS (9600bps) Local Telix User

Having always been a technology fan, especially into computers, you learn something early on. The Early Adopter Tax. If it’s new, hot, and you want it now, you will pay double for it compared to the price that it will surely sink to within six months. It’s always fun (and somewhat painful) to go back and see what you paid for early gadgets. I have blogged about this before, having obtained my first computer from my dad who “traded” a complete central air and heat system for our Atari Setup. At the time, we came out REAL good on that deal. The early Atari’s were EXPENSIVE. Looking back, it was insane. In the late 80’s early 90’s, before the proliferation of Teh Interwebs, BBS’ were all the rage. I ran a fairly successful single line BBS called Castle Rock for almost 3 years. The early days of online computing, speeds were not gauged on your CPU , but your modem was the bottle neck. For a long time, we were stuck at 300 baud, which was insanely slow. Then the jump to 1200 baud.
Football Isn't a Contact Sport, It's a Collision Sport... Duffy Daugherty In my book, the start of the NFL season should be a national holiday. The previous Friday and the following Monday should be free of work, all focus should be allowed on the game. I'm serious. Even the wife, who, bless her heart, knows how much football season means to me, had the Chili going before kickoff. The chips and dip set out and the beverages were extra chilled. During the NFL season, my Sunday consists of the following: Get up at 10:00am and start watching the ESPN Gameday. Fire up the wireless laptop and get connected to DirecTV's Game Tracker. This in conjunction with DirecTV's NFL Sunday ticket package is the ultimate way to watch the games. 11:30 fire up the lunch for the game (Frito Pie, Chili, Brats, etc., etc). 12:00, settle in for the next NINE hours of gridiron action. Am I sick? Probably. Do I care. Not a bit, ya only get 17 weeks of it, so I savor it all.
Ralphing Kisses After reading my buddy Escapes post about his faithful dog Maynard, it seems a good time for a dog story. The day before Christmas Eve, we had decided to go out to eat. I had started gathering the candy that I was going to put in the stockings and had left it on the corner of the end table out of site. Or so I thought. When we returned from dinner, I notice little bits of what looked like aluminum foil around the house. I followed the trail until it ended directly under the Christmas tree. There sat an empty bag ( a ONE pound bag mind you) of Hershey Kisses. Shaye the Weenie dog, well into her 10th year had eaten a pound of chocolate in our absence. She was also nowhere to be seen. Anytime we return to the house and she didn’t greet you at the door wagging her tail is a bad sign. It usually meant she did something she knew she would get in trouble for and was firmly entrenched under the back corner of the bed, her favorite hiding spot. She was there,