Skip to main content
You Call That Art?

I read comic books. I admit it. I like em. I am NOT one of the stereotypical convention type comic geeks. I swear. I'm Married. I know and have conversations with other women, I watch sports. So don't pigeonhole me. Anyway, back to comics. Perhaps my biggest hobby deals with digital comics. People scan and distribute comics for people to download. They are distributed in many ways, peer to peer sharing, IRC and my favorite, Usenet. With a premium Usenet server (I suggest Giganews) you can download up to 300 comic books a week. There is something for everyone, ranging from newer comics to Silver Age beauties that you would never have a chance to read if not for this cool hobby. Not only do I download comics, Im an active scanner. I have scanned and posted over 400 comics to Usenet. I helped found a comic scanning "group" called HACSA (Half Assed Comic Scanning Authority). Its a group of friends with similar intrerest that hang out on IRC. We've been doing it for over three years now, its really a fun thing. Definitely one of those things where you tell someone about it and they look at you like you have a 3rd eye.

There's a S@#$ Cloud Comin!

Heading out to lunch today, I saw the chance of storm clouds rolling in. I hoped it would rain like heck for two reasons. One, staves of the dreaded watering of the lawn season and two, no baseball practice for @. * went home from work today and that my friends is a rarity. It rained hard enough to cancel baseball so the family taxi was not in service tonight. * didn't feel like eating, so I took the boy and we hit the local KFC for some popcorn chicken. Stopped at Best Buy and picked up the Survivor DVD I spoke of previously with one of my birthday gift certificates. Watched Monster House - Amusement Park House tonight. Not one of their better efforts. Some individual aspects of the project were really cool, but as a whole, it didn't work for me. After being extremely tired at work (the anti-biotic maybe?) today, I had every intention of turning in early. Made it in bed by nine, only to hear the Law And Order theme playing. I closed my eyes at ten, immediately after the guilty verdict.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are connected to Castle Rock BBS (9600bps) Local Telix User

Having always been a technology fan, especially into computers, you learn something early on. The Early Adopter Tax. If it’s new, hot, and you want it now, you will pay double for it compared to the price that it will surely sink to within six months. It’s always fun (and somewhat painful) to go back and see what you paid for early gadgets. I have blogged about this before, having obtained my first computer from my dad who “traded” a complete central air and heat system for our Atari Setup. At the time, we came out REAL good on that deal. The early Atari’s were EXPENSIVE. Looking back, it was insane. In the late 80’s early 90’s, before the proliferation of Teh Interwebs, BBS’ were all the rage. I ran a fairly successful single line BBS called Castle Rock for almost 3 years. The early days of online computing, speeds were not gauged on your CPU , but your modem was the bottle neck. For a long time, we were stuck at 300 baud, which was insanely slow. Then the jump to 1200 baud.
Football Isn't a Contact Sport, It's a Collision Sport... Duffy Daugherty In my book, the start of the NFL season should be a national holiday. The previous Friday and the following Monday should be free of work, all focus should be allowed on the game. I'm serious. Even the wife, who, bless her heart, knows how much football season means to me, had the Chili going before kickoff. The chips and dip set out and the beverages were extra chilled. During the NFL season, my Sunday consists of the following: Get up at 10:00am and start watching the ESPN Gameday. Fire up the wireless laptop and get connected to DirecTV's Game Tracker. This in conjunction with DirecTV's NFL Sunday ticket package is the ultimate way to watch the games. 11:30 fire up the lunch for the game (Frito Pie, Chili, Brats, etc., etc). 12:00, settle in for the next NINE hours of gridiron action. Am I sick? Probably. Do I care. Not a bit, ya only get 17 weeks of it, so I savor it all.
Ralphing Kisses After reading my buddy Escapes post about his faithful dog Maynard, it seems a good time for a dog story. The day before Christmas Eve, we had decided to go out to eat. I had started gathering the candy that I was going to put in the stockings and had left it on the corner of the end table out of site. Or so I thought. When we returned from dinner, I notice little bits of what looked like aluminum foil around the house. I followed the trail until it ended directly under the Christmas tree. There sat an empty bag ( a ONE pound bag mind you) of Hershey Kisses. Shaye the Weenie dog, well into her 10th year had eaten a pound of chocolate in our absence. She was also nowhere to be seen. Anytime we return to the house and she didn’t greet you at the door wagging her tail is a bad sign. It usually meant she did something she knew she would get in trouble for and was firmly entrenched under the back corner of the bed, her favorite hiding spot. She was there,