Skip to main content
Every Day Spent Above Ground Is a Good One

My favorite television show (besides The Simpsons, of course) had their season premier tonight on HBO. Six Feet Under began it's 4th season tonight. I had read previews that said that this season was going to be upbeat and a little less dark. Maybe after the first episode. Picking up right where they left off, there has never been a more dysfunctional family on TV than the Fischers. It's like a train-wreck, you can't look away. If you dont't watch this show, and have HBO, you really need to check it out.

I usually Tivo this show (when it comes on at 8:00) and watch it later when the family is in bed. The Tivo decided that it would record the repeat that airs on Monday night. ARghhhh!! Ive waited over a year for the return of this show! So I stayed up to catch the 11:00 airing on HBO2. Im sure i'll pay in the morning, but it was worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"..for it takes irony to appreciate the joke which is on oneself." Jessamyn West I have raised a retard. I swear to God, the things he says and thought processes that flow through his brain never cease to amaze me. Early on in this Blog, I promoted the idea of trying to give your kids more than you had. Don't force them to work during their early high school years and instead let them enjoy their summers unencumbered. As that dickhead Dr. Phil says, " how'd that work out for ya?" I have ended up with an unappreciative individual that is not even remotely ready for the real world. What a slap in the face that will be, standing on his own two feet. I know, I know, I reap what I sow, but that what blog is for isn't it, anonymous venting?? His outrageously expensive school, has a relatively relaxed cel phone policy. You can have you phone, and actually use it in between classes. Just don't use it during class. Kinna obvious don't you think? He come...
Urine Trouble I am consistently floored by the amount of people that exit the public restroom without washing their hands. Now, I can understand if your just lazy, but even though, if you see someone else in there with you, at least fake it. We are compiling a "PeePee Hand" list here at work. I might just sneak it up on the Intranet too. So come on people, start washing up, you may get called worse than PeePee Hands.
"You Have 6,184 Unread Messages" (local spam magnet)   Got a call yesterday from an employee that stated he never checks his email and wanted me to look at something for him.  I wander back to his workstation and he points to his inbox in Outlook.  6,184.  That’s how many unread email messages he had.  I asked him if he uses his email address to sign up for things and he swears he doesn’t.  Yeah, right.  After deleting all his messages I notice that during the deletion time, he had already received five new junk emails.  I had investigated some enterprise spam programs for Exchange, but never followed through.  A former co- worker pointed me to ORF ( Open Filter Relay from vamsoft ).  They have a 30 day trial version with full functionality.  So I installed and configured it. It took less than 10 minutes, and I was dropping junk email off the server like a bad habit.  The program has a real time statistics counter.  F...