Skip to main content
Kwik Lubed

I'm pretty technically savy when it comes to things electronic. But, mechanically, I have no clue. Especially when it comes to cars. I couldn't change the oil if you paid me to. I have always taken my car to a local oil and lube place (Kwik Kar) in my town for oil change and inspections. Recently they changed management, and it seems the service has gone downhill. Today, I was right at my 3,000 miles since my last oil change and dropped by to be serviced. I should have turned around and left when the grease lackey asked me what the name of the fourth ninja Turtle was. I looked at him like he was crazy, and he said they had a running bet. After the oil was changed, Ninja Turtle Boy asked me to come out, he needed to show me something. He had the fuel injector housing removed and ran his finger through the front of the cylinder showing me how much carbon buildup I had. Knowing that their goal is to get you to buy more than an oil change (my car only has 21,000 miles on if for crsissakes), I told him that I wasn't interested. I went in to check out, and decided to glance over the invoice. With the oil change, you get a "21 point" inspection. Tire inflation, fluids leveled, windows cleaned etc, etc. I walked out to the car, the hood was still open, and looked in the wiper fluid container. Almost empty, the windows had not been touched, the interior was not vacuumed and tires not checked. I asked Ninja Turtle Boy about this and he stated that the person that does that, was out sick. I told him, and his manager that I would only pay $19.00 since over half of the items weren't done, even though they were checked off. The manager and Ninja turtle Boy got busy finishing the checklist.

Now the kicker of this story is, while driving to work the next day, the car started idling real funny, taking too long to switch gears. Something was definitely wrong. So now I have to take time to drop it off at the dealership, get * up to take me to work etc, etc. After talking to the service rep, when Ninja Boy frigged with the fuel injector housing, he partially disconnected a throttle control chip, causing it to short. Bastards, I knew the answer was Rapheal, but I ain't telling em now.

Comments

Lee said…
Funny as hell, Baco :)

Not the part where you had to take the car to the dealership. I mean the part where you're standing over Ninja Dork *AND* his boss, pointing out the bug juice they are missing on your windshield.

Priceless post!
Mmmbacon said…
Hey it's whome! Didnt you used to have a blog or something? Buwhahahahahaha
Anonymous said…
Hi Mmmbacon, save yourself from Oil Barons. I was looking over the net for gas prices dallas information and happen to find http://www.PowerPill.tv

Popular posts from this blog

You are connected to Castle Rock BBS (9600bps) Local Telix User

Having always been a technology fan, especially into computers, you learn something early on. The Early Adopter Tax. If it’s new, hot, and you want it now, you will pay double for it compared to the price that it will surely sink to within six months. It’s always fun (and somewhat painful) to go back and see what you paid for early gadgets. I have blogged about this before, having obtained my first computer from my dad who “traded” a complete central air and heat system for our Atari Setup. At the time, we came out REAL good on that deal. The early Atari’s were EXPENSIVE. Looking back, it was insane. In the late 80’s early 90’s, before the proliferation of Teh Interwebs, BBS’ were all the rage. I ran a fairly successful single line BBS called Castle Rock for almost 3 years. The early days of online computing, speeds were not gauged on your CPU , but your modem was the bottle neck. For a long time, we were stuck at 300 baud, which was insanely slow. Then the jump to 1200 baud.
Football Isn't a Contact Sport, It's a Collision Sport... Duffy Daugherty In my book, the start of the NFL season should be a national holiday. The previous Friday and the following Monday should be free of work, all focus should be allowed on the game. I'm serious. Even the wife, who, bless her heart, knows how much football season means to me, had the Chili going before kickoff. The chips and dip set out and the beverages were extra chilled. During the NFL season, my Sunday consists of the following: Get up at 10:00am and start watching the ESPN Gameday. Fire up the wireless laptop and get connected to DirecTV's Game Tracker. This in conjunction with DirecTV's NFL Sunday ticket package is the ultimate way to watch the games. 11:30 fire up the lunch for the game (Frito Pie, Chili, Brats, etc., etc). 12:00, settle in for the next NINE hours of gridiron action. Am I sick? Probably. Do I care. Not a bit, ya only get 17 weeks of it, so I savor it all.
Ralphing Kisses After reading my buddy Escapes post about his faithful dog Maynard, it seems a good time for a dog story. The day before Christmas Eve, we had decided to go out to eat. I had started gathering the candy that I was going to put in the stockings and had left it on the corner of the end table out of site. Or so I thought. When we returned from dinner, I notice little bits of what looked like aluminum foil around the house. I followed the trail until it ended directly under the Christmas tree. There sat an empty bag ( a ONE pound bag mind you) of Hershey Kisses. Shaye the Weenie dog, well into her 10th year had eaten a pound of chocolate in our absence. She was also nowhere to be seen. Anytime we return to the house and she didn’t greet you at the door wagging her tail is a bad sign. It usually meant she did something she knew she would get in trouble for and was firmly entrenched under the back corner of the bed, her favorite hiding spot. She was there,